Physitrack integrates with many Practice Management Systems to offer practitioners time-savings and data integrity between solutions.
If you have a practice management system / EHR, we'll be happy to assist you in adding an integration between Physitrack and your platform. Read on below.
Most of the practice management systems that integrate with Physitrack use (a combination of the) integration types listed below.
- Single sign on (SSO) & copy patient from your system to Physitrack
- Webhook to download PDF version of assigned (or updated) program from Physitrack to your system
- Physitrack RESTful API write: access Physitrack functionality from your UI (e.g. assign a template to a patient).
- Physitrack RESTful API read: add webhooks to listen to our events and automatically collect patient outcomes data such as adherence, PROM scores and messages.
- Decide on the type of integration you'd like to set up
- Email email@example.com so we can set you up on our staging environment
- Develop & test your integration
- Write clear step by step documentation for your users. Include screenshots.
- Email us when you've completed your integration. Include information for us to login to your system and test the integration from our end.
- We usually only accept integrations with commercial patient management systems / EHRs that have at least 500 practitioners.
We make exceptions for larger practices (50+ practitioners who subscribe to Physitrack) who have in-house patient management systems.
- Depending on the commercial relationship between your system and Physitrack, we may ask you to sign an API Usage Agreement before granting you access to our API.
1. API v1 (SSO + copy/open patient)
This is our most basic type of integration. Robust, easy to implement and very convenient for the practitioner: the practitioner logs in to Physitrack and adds/opens the patient with one click.
Authentication is through a shared secret (your system generates a token which is added to the practitioner's account in Physitrack). We also support OAuth, with your system being the OAuth provider.
- The practitioner clicks a UI control in your UI (e.g. "Open patient in Physitrack").
- This then triggers an HTTP POST request from your system to Physitrack with the required data.
- Physitrack then returns a 302 to the practitioner's browser, redirecting them to the patient.
2. Get a PDF of the assigned/updated program
This feature builds on the SSO integration listed above. It allows for improved compliance and record-keeping in your system and is a much loved feature by practitioners worldwide.
- Physitrack registers your https endpoint and a secret token that you use to authenticate requests that we send to you.
- When a practitioner assigns or updates an exercise program, Physitrack calls your endpoint and you can download a PDF version of the exercise program for storage in your system.
3. & 4. API v2 (RESTful API)
If you'd like to enrich your system with core Physitrack functionality, such as assigning templates to patients, or if you'd like to automatically get patient adherence data from Physitrack into your system, Physitrack's RESTful API and event model allow for many possibilities.
- For authentication:
If a practitioner belongs to a Physitrack Direct account, each request must include the API token that is generated by Physitrack in the header.
Note that API access needs to be enabled by Physitrack for the Physitrack Direct account in question.
If a practitioner does not belong to a Physitrack Direct account, each request must include both the API token that is generated by Physitrack in the header and the secret that you generated for API v1 access. More on authentication for our RESTful API.
- RESTful endpoints
You can use our endpoints to assign templates and get patient details. Read about our RESTful endpoints.
We can register various webhooks for you to listen to events. You can combine this with our RESTful endpoints to add a high degree of synchronicity between Physitrack and your system. Read about our events.