Physitrack, founded in 2012, is a digital healthcare company and the provider of a solution for patient engagement that encompasses clinical home exercise and education prescription, outcomes tracking and Telehealth for physical rehabilitation and prevention. Physitrack was born out of a desire to create a more effective way to prescribe exercise programs, as well as improve patient outcomes and reduce unnecessary wastage in healthcare systems around the world.
Physitrack is used by 100,000+ healthcare professionals in 102 countries, including physical therapists, MDs, surgical specialists, exercise physiologists and chiropractors in public and private healthcare. Physitrack has been a key part of Apple’s Mobility Partner Program since 2015.
We are looking for passionate Ruby Engineers willing to solve complex problems with performant code of the highest quality. Our teams aim to deploy new code many times a day. We’re constantly improving the codebases to make it even better. The main responsibilities of this role are to architect, code and maintain the services and infrastructure that powers our enterprise customers.
At Physitrack we believe personal growth is key to staying motivated. As a senior engineer, you will be supported by your senior colleagues and your team leader. You will have regular interactions with the System Architect and Head of Engineering.
- Track record of building quality software
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails (or just plain Ruby)
- Ability to self organise and get things done with minimal supervision
- Solid understanding of principles of how World Wide Web works
- Good knowledge of advanced SQL
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, design patterns, good understanding of software architecture
- Proficiency in writing tests and using TDD
- Ability to work in a team environment guided by the agile methodologies
- Experience in developing software for a modern cloud infrastructure
- Solid experience with git (and various git-based workflows)
- Good written and spoken English
- Experience working in a SaaS product company
- Proficiency in Postgres (advanced SQL features, optimizations, debugging)
- React experience
- Experience with infrastructure tools (Linux, Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Ansible)
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Good writing ability (demonstrated by documentation, READMEs, or blog posts)
- Experience as a remote developer in a fully remote team
- Experience working with legacy multi-year-old codebases
What we offer
- Experienced team with high engineering standards
- Proper work-life balance
- Remote-first engineering team with flexible working hours
- Async work with as few meetings through the week as possible
- Small, enabled team with no unnecessary corporate overhead
- 20 days of paid PTO
- Team retreats 1-2 times a year
- Modern hardware
Recruitment process steps
- Hiring manager intro & screening (30 min)
- Tech interview & coding (90 min)
- Team culture & experience (60 min)
We accept application from candidates residing in European Union or the UK only.